Friday, December 11, 2009

Cake Chef

I typically say that I'm a decent cook, and I even used to teach a kid's cooking class.

I decided to bake a cake with my twin brother, so we got out all of the ingredients, mixed them together, and put the pan in the oven. After 20 minutes we checked on the cake to take it out, but it still wasn't ready.

30 minutes, and still not done.
45 minutes, and not even rising.
1 hour, I decided to consult with someone else.

I took the box to my mother, and told her that I followed all of the instructions perfectly. She looked it over, and asked if that was the correct box. I said of course it it was! My own mother questioning my ability to put the correct cake mix in! I went on to explain how everything was measured, and even threw in some food pyramid vocabulary to further justify my cooking knowledge and ability. Perplexed, she then she asked why the box was unopened?

I had forgotten to put the cake mix in.

Essentially I was baking eggs, milk, and canola oil in a well-greased pan. Maybe if you're lucky you'll get one of my specialty cakes for your next birthday.


Actual picture from later that night, although I have since switched ethnicity

2 comments:

Kels H.M. said...

Yummmy. At first I thought you had forgotten to turn on the oven.

Brynn said...

Jason, you are hysterical! Thanks for the pick-me-up!