Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tribute to William Hung

Do you remember William Hung, the American Idol star? Well if your like most people then you probably don't, whereas I still proudly wear my "William Hung Fan Club: No Professional Training Required" t-shirt.

If you're unfamiliar with Hung, he became famous after horribly singing "She Bangs" by Ricky Martin in the American Idol try-outs. He had gotten his courage up after winning a talent competition in his dorm at Berkeley. So after singing the song, the judges were laughing at him and here's the dialogue that followed:

Simon: "You can't sing, you can't dance, so what do you want me to say?"
Hung: "Um, I already gave my best, and I have no regrets at all. You know, I have no professional training of singing and dancing." Simon: "No? Well this is the surprise of the century."

What a stud! Consequently he has put out three CDs (to which I have bought every one on the first day). He's been on tons of talk shows, competed in Celebrity Deathmatch, been in commercials had starred in two movies, and is still performing today. The funny part is that he's been taking voice lessons and actually getting pretty good. If this story isn't motivation enough to inspire you, hopefully these pictures of William Hung are...









1 comment:

martha said...

i adore the pic with the included asian accent on english word "follow."

engrish is my fave.