Monday, October 19, 2009

"Subway freeze"




So when I was in line for Subway, I had pre-decided what I wanted and then turned my mind off while I waited. Then it finally comes to my turn and I order what I want - the meatball sandwich.

"Oh I'm sorry, we're out of meatballs. Can I get you something else?"

AND FREEZE.

Your mind was set. Only meatball sounds good. You don't even know the other options. Everyone is waiting. You can barely read the menu because you're still in aftershock from them not having what you want.

This common symptom I would like to coin as the "Subway freeze." This happens in more places than just Subway. When you're at a girl's door dropping her off, when you're in a job interview, when you jump during a scary movie and need to think up an excuse, or when someone drops something and you have to quickly decide how to tell them. Subway freeze.

1 comment:

BEAZER said...

you of all people would know about job interviews.