Monday, January 10, 2011

Dumpster Diving

I have never been one for dumpster diving, but some things are too good to pass up. 


So I'm talking with a couple of my buddies outside of my house. Positioned by the overflowing dumpster, one of my friends Mark noticed a nice pair of dress shoes sitting atop the pile.


Easily picking them out, we admired the shoes and were astonished that someone would throw them away.


Then my buddy Mike, who interned with Goldman Sachs (a prestigious financial institution), sheepishly admits that he threw them away. He said that they were more worn than they appeared and uncomfortable. 


Mark and I had interned with Sears this past summer... so of course the Sears interns dug through the trash of the Goldman Sachs intern. 

3 comments:

mmurdoch said...

I like how my browser has an ad for Men's Wearhouse under this post for when you feel like throwing shoes away.

Kels H.M. said...

This doesn't surprise me at all, really...

Mark said...

I should've just taken the shoes.