Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ceiling Fans

Anyone else like the ambient sound of a ceiling fan at night? I do. If you were to turn it off I'd probably wake up. 

At 2:45am on Wednesday morning I heard a giant explosion. Glass shattered. My bed shook. I thought we were in World War III, with the enemy attacking Provo for some reason.

Jolting up I looked around frantically. My ceiling fan and light fixture was laying beside my bed. I was shocked as I peered into the hole it once belonged to in the ceiling.

After a life-threatening experience like this, I laid awake thinking about what would have happened if the giant, rotating blades had seared off my legs. Then I thought about what life would be like in a wheelchair. In my mind I chose a silver one with racing stripes.

Now I have a new, sexier ceiling fan that's bolted in real tight. 




4 comments:

martha said...

jason, you are a riot. i love how dramatic your life is. rather, i love how dramatic you turn your every day events :) it's a real talent.

seriously, teach me how to make money on a blog.

Unknown said...

Thanks Martha, I'm sure if your legs almost got chopped off your life would be more dramatic too.

M said...

What color racing stripe? Very important.

Unknown said...

Clearly thick, blue racing stripes. People would probably confuse it with a Dodge Viper.