Friday, June 4, 2010

Blood Pathogen Training

At my internship at Sears, I have to do all sorts of online training. The subjects range from having to operate a cash register to how to set up a trap to catch cats.


Now I'm not a big fan of blood. Squeamish, faint-hearted, and passing out are all words that come to mind when I imagine the red substance. So of course Sears has an unnecessary training on what to do with a major blood spill. 


In my mind, the entire training should just say "Call 911."


But no. Graphic pictures are needed. Descriptions and examples are vivid. Everything is read out loud to you, just to ensure that the picture of a man holding his face with blood gushing out matches the story. 


Needless to say that was the most agonizing 20 minutes of my life. Now if there's a blood spill I'll remember to put on safety gloves before fainting. 

1 comment:

BEAZER said...

i thought of you today in physiology class after watching multiple videos of women giving birth.