Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Electric Scooter

My grandma just celebrated her 80th birthday! So as a present she was given one of those old-people electric scooters. As I walked her to her house after her birthday dinner, she was telling me about the vehicle.


She said, "well it's red, shiny, and goes pretty fast. I don't really want it...would you like it?" 


Right as my grandma said this she opened up her door and voila! There stood the beautiful piece of work. I examined it, much like I'm sure a Picasso connoisseur would behold a newly-discovered piece of artwork. Running my hands over it, I couldn't help but slip onto the leather seat and test its padded comfort. 


The key was already in the ignition.


I revved it up, you could almost taste the voltage power. Accidentally, I pushed the wrong accelerator and it started beeping. I looked around to see what was the matter as the masterpiece accelerated backwards. 


It even has a "backing up" sound! 


Overwhelmed, I parked it and got off. Something this good needs to be saved and treasured. There comes a time in every persons life when they need to go joyriding in an old-person scooter. Tonight was not that night. Until soon, shiny red scooter.

No comments: