Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Most Awkward Moment


So I used to work at a childcare within a sports club. This pretty much means that it was poor Jason working with about twenty women. My daily break was to take the kids swimming.

Whenever we'd go I instantly became the Pool Monster - with all of the kids attacking me and holding onto my arms, head, or anything else they could get their hands on. Most of them were pretty little, but throughout the summer the kids started becoming stronger swimmers. The parents loved it, and oftentimes would watch. 

One day as I was wrestling the kids, a couple of them decided it would be a good idea to dive underwater and grab my swimsuit. At the time there were about 50 kids swarming me, and I would have hardly noticed had they not pulled my swimsuit - down.

Immediately I can feel the free flow of water around my nether regions, and try frantically to free up my arms so I can pull my swimsuit up. I can almost feel the parent's eyes as I flail around to correct the placement of my suit. I could just imagine some newswriter being there in the room, just waiting to cover a story on a pantless man in a childcare. Luckily I got it fixed quickly, and that was the end of my Pool Monster career.

Yesterday I played "chicken" in the pool, and that seems much more promising to my pool future. 

1 comment:

martha said...

i saw your title of "most awkward moment" and thought immediately, "no way is this jason's MOST awkward moment - surely there are too many to remember and this superlative cannot be justified." but i will say this is definitely an excellent contender. :) also, i love your blog. keep. it. up.