Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lessons at a Park

Kids are so innocent. 


I was taking my nephew to the park and had a water bottle with me. Naturally the 3-year-old started getting thirsty after exhausting all possible game options to do with plastic fixtures and old tires.


Letting him take a swig, he took a deep gulp and lowered the water bottle in his hands. Thoughtfully he waited a second with the plastic container in hand. Tipping it slightly in his small hands to observe the light pass through the remaining water, he looked like an aspiring scientist on the brink of a discovery.


Then his eyes squinted, nose flared, and mouth protruded to let out the biggest sneeze his small body could muster. 


Spray flew in every direction, most noticeably all over the water bottle and might have even filled it some. He looked at me with his big eyes and gestured with the water bottle that he was done. 


I took advantage of the situation and taught him how to recycle a water bottle. He'll be a great recycler someday. 


Bryton, my nephew, sporting some goggles. These would have come in handy when he sneezed.

No comments: