Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Buttons

So I'm going back to school and decided I need some new jeans. Naturally the first place I go is...Abercrombie.


I walk in and the music begins rupturing my ears. The cologne is being piped through the air ducts. Naked models stare at me, challenging me to try on a pair of ripped jeans.


Why I'm 23 years old and still shop at Abercrombie is because (a) my buddy works there, and (b) I like how the jeans fit. 


I find a pair a like, try it on quickly, and purchase it. 


Wearing the jeans later in the week, I go to put them on and realize they don't have a zipper. Instead they have three buttons. 


I realize how this must be trendy, sexier, etc. But nonetheless when I'm in a bathroom with a slew of other guys, myself struggling to unbutton my pants - I look like a nutcase. 


A future college grad battling with his pants in the bathroom is not the image I wish to portray. So next time you see me in my new jeans, just compliment them and know that I've been practicing in my spare time. 

2 comments:

The Royal Tea said...

Seriously it gets easier as it gets worn in. The first few are the toughest. I've heard that's true for other things too though ;)

Mark said...

Did you miss the sale at Baby Gap?