Sunday, March 28, 2010

Snuggie Night




I know. Just reading the title you know that this story has a special place in my heart.

One of my buddies had told me about the snuggie night at the Utah Flash game last weekend. Apparently all those wearing snuggies would be let in free. Immediately I imagined the Celestial Kingdom – everyone robed in a warm snuggie, cheering for a basketball team with free movement of their arms.

I was in.

After some convincing I talked my girlfriend into going with me. Choosing from my selection of four snuggies was difficult, but she refused to let me wear my pink snuggie in public. We go in matching blue. Cute, huh?

So we pull into the parking lot, and it’s full but at the same time seems desolate. None of the static electricity of snuggies in the air. I’m anxiously pressing toward the entrance like a dog after a bone.

We walk into the stadium. There were lights. People. But no basketball. Snuggie Night was a different day!

Two people in a giant arena in their snuggies. Luckily there was an event happening – a home show, so at least we could pretend that we were doing something in our apparel. The rest of the night was fun, and we got all sorts of neat stuff at the home show.

Perhaps the secret to any good night is to start with snuggies and see what happens. 

No comments: